SAVE THE DATE!
Sierra Club – Rochester Regional Group
15th Annual Environmental Forum
“Great Lakes Need Great Friends: Protecting the Great Lakes Forever”
Thursday 4-25-13: Forum at Monroe Community College
5:15pm: Networking & Exhibits
7-9pm: Keynote Speaker: Maude Barlow, world renowned champion of water as a human right
Friday 4-26-13: Workshops at Rochester Institute of TechnologyBeginning at 9am
Track 1: Policy & Planning – protecting our water by working with local, state, and/or Federal governments & agencies
Track 2: Water Steward Leadership Summit - for students
Track 3: Do It Yourself - household projects that protect the water of the Great Lakes
“Do not listen to those who say there is nothing you can
do to the very real and large social and environmental issues of our
time.” - Maude Barlow
Actions you can take right now:
1. Read Our Great Lakes Commons: A People’s Plan to Protect the Great Lakes Forever
2. Reserve a table at the Forum for your organization.
3. Attend a pre-forum discussion on Maude Barlow's work, Monday March 25, 2013 7:15pm in Penfield, hosted by FMCE (http://fmce.org/)
4. Help support this forum with a donation of time or money. There are many ways to help. If
you have money to donate, it will really help with speaker honorarium
& travel expenses! Checks may be made payable to: Sierra Club
Rochester Regional Group| PO Box 10518 | Rochester, NY 14610-0518.
Please note "Forum" to designate your donation.
5. Watch for forum details on http://newyork.sierraclub.org/rochester/
6. Mark your calendar for the 4-25 Forum & 4-26 Workshops!
* To reserve a table, volunteer your time, or ask questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585-234-1056.
THE SIERRA CLUB THANKS OUR WONDERFUL CO-SPONSORS:
FLOW - For Love of Water
Monroe Community College
Rochester Institute of Technology
Event Title: Earthday @ the Park
Date: Saturday April 20, 2013
Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Group Sponsoring the Event:
NYS Office Of Parks, Town of Hamlin Conservation Board, Friends of
Hamlin Beach State Park, Towns of Hamlin and Hilton Lions Clubs, SUNY
Brockport Department of Environmental Sciences
Cost: No Cost, Free Food, Free Tree Seedlings
Age Group: All ages
Location: Hamlin Beach State Park - Area three (Just off the Lake Ontario Parkway or Moscow Road)
Contact: Dave Walch, email@example.com, (585)727-3855)
Green Vendors, Green Exhibitors, Green Vehicles, and free seedlings;
Around 3:00 there will be a tour of the former CCC/POW archeological
site work that has been taking place at the park for the past three
years by a dedicated group of volunteers.